CALL FOR ENTRIES: Craft Productions and Thespiana -- both dedicated to showcasing original works from local playwrights -- are joining forces for productions in October.
All Colorado playwrights are encouraged to submit plays of various formats, from shorts to full-length, as well as monologues. Up to two entries per person.
Craft will be planning a full production (which could be a single play or collection of shorts and monologues), and our partner, Thespiana, is planning a production of staged readings. Craft (https://www.facebook.com/
Craft-Production-Resource- 254288624585473/) is produced by Kathy Paradise and Thespiana (https://www.thespiana.com/) is produced by Chuck Cabell.
Submitted works will be considered for both.
Productions are planned for Knights of Columbus (now part of PPLD) the first weekend of October, during Arts Month.
Deadline is 5 p.m. July 15. Please feel free to pass this notice to anyone who you think might be interested in submitting.
Please send submissions to email@example.com
See below for submission guidelines:
1. Plays must be written by playwrights living in Colorado. Playwrights who have been previously produced by CPR and have moved away are also eligible to submit.
2. Plays must be fully developed - containing a strong beginning, middle and end structure, very well-developed characters (1 or more), and commit to a unique point of view
3. Single Set - minimal set pieces, minimal props, simple light and sound plot
4. Plays must be new and original (never produced or published and no adaptations of other known works)
5. All plays are to be in a script format, double spaced and at least size 12 font
6. Plays will only be accepted in electronic form via firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Submissions will be accepted from October 1 to July 15
8. Playwrights must submit on a separate page: the name of the play, address, phone number, email address, and a brief synopsis of the play. The script will contain only the name of the play
9. Those Playwrights whose work is chosen will receive a small monetary stipend
10. All submissions will be read/heard.
The top favorites (depending upon length) will be
selected on or before July 22
Playwrights whose work has been chosen will be
notified and the production process will begin.